Your New Year’s Training Revolution: 15 in ‘15
January 12, 2015 | 809 Views
Welcome to 2015, everyone! To celebrate the New Year, I thought I would provide a list of 15 ways that you can transform your year by learning, sharing, growing, and caring with CHART during the next twelve months:
- Commit: Join your peers in Napa and New Orleans and transform your abilities and your company through the amazing learning sessions and top-notch networking opportunities at our conferences. Registration for Napa is open (www.chart.org/events/conferences/) and, if you sign up by January 16, you can get the early registration discount.
- Attend: Attend one of our many Regional Training Forums to experience CHART in a local setting. View the schedule online (www.chart.org/events/schedule/ ) and, as always, RTFs are free to both members and non-members.
- Volunteer: Whether it’s as a mentor, committee or conference team member, or even as an RTF Director, there are numerous volunteer opportunities available for you to get involved in CHART and expand both your abilities and share your knowledge with other CHART members. Visit www.chart.org/membership/volunteer/ to learn more.
- Learn: Take advantage of learning from your desk with our CHART Webinar series in 2015. Updates will be posted at: www.chart.org/events/webinars and via social media. Mark your calendars now for our first one on Wednesday, February 11, at 10:00 am PST / 1:00 pm EST.
- Present: We’re always on the lookout for people who want to offer their expertise and hone their presenting skills with an audience of trainers, so consider delivering a workshop at a CHART conference, Regional Training Forum, or in our webinar series. Email Tara Davey, email@example.com, for further details.
- Write: If you have ideas to share but aren’t quite ready for the presentation stage, consider sharing your ideas in a post on the CHART blog (www.chart.org/blog/).
- Participate: This Spring we will again be partnering with TDn2K, one of our Silver Sponsors, to conduct the 2015 Trends in Hospitality Training and Development Survey. In order for this survey to accurately benchmark industry practices and be as valuable as possible, we need your participation!
- Donate: Our summer conference will include a Silent Auction to help raise funds for the scholarships we offer with the NRAEF and the AHLAEF, and any items you can donate to the cause will be most appreciated as we support college students who are hoping to break into the hospitality industry.
- Connect: You can also connect with CHART members by attending the 2015 shows from the NRA and AHLA. The NRA show will be in Chicago this May, with registration already open (http://show.restaurant.org/), and the AHLA conference will be scheduled later in the year (watch for details here: www.ahla.com/events/).
- Grow: Of course, CHART would not even exist with the help of all of our sponsors. You can see the entire list here (www.chart.org/partnerships/companies/). Be sure to check out how they can help you grow and become a stronger trainer and your company to become more productive.
- Engage: Get engaged with CHART via social media! Join in the conversations with other trainers via Facebook (www.facebook.com/CHARTtrainers),Twitter (www.twitter.com/CHARTtrainers), or LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=794217&trk=anet_ug_hm).
- Discuss: Ask My Peers forum is another wonderful tool that members can use when they have a question about a training topic, or when they have answer to share. Log in to the CHART site and check out the forum here: www.chart.org/forum/thread/id/1/
- Recognize: If you know someone who has gone above and beyond to make CHART a special place for hospitality trainers, nominate them for the 2015 Spirit of CHART Award (www.chart.org/membership/spirit_of_chart/).
- Nominate: Do you know that CHART has a Learning Legacy Fund to provide grants for people who have shown potential and passion as a hospitality trainer, but who lack the budget to attend a conference? If you know someone who fits this bill, please think about nominating that person for this scholarship (www.chart.org/membership/learning_legacy_fund/).
- Share: Yes, the Training High Five will be once again featured at our summer conference! If you have an idea that helped you to deliver training more efficiently, allowed your trainers to better achieve their teaching objectives, or improved employee performance, please submit that solution so that you can potentially be recognized as one of the Third Annual Winners of this honor (www.chart.org/membership/training_high_five/).
This blog originally appeared as the PresidentTalks article in the January/February 2015 FlipCHART http://chart.org/resources/publications/archive/flip/