Manager, Learning & Growth Initiatives
The Manager, Learning & Growth Initiatives is responsible for designing training tools and programs that supports team member execution and retention and the growth of the brand as Buffalo Wild Wings continues to expand. This position works on a variety of brand training programs to support brand initiatives, with a primary focus of adapting BWW core training programs and tools to support the alternative business models within the Buffalo Wild Wings portfolio, primarily BWW GO.
- Creates training content as prioritized by company initiatives and values. Develops and maintains foundational training programs and training for new initiatives. Defines maintenance, revision, or retirement recommendations for these programs.
- Develops training assets and curriculums for BWW GO and other BWW growth initiatives.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners to identify training needs, design, develop, rollout and evaluate training programs.
- Communicates instructional design plans, project plans, and key deliverables to business leaders, stakeholders, partners and project teams clearly and effectively.
- Maintains and demonstrates a strong degree of operational and team member positional knowledge keeping the end user in mind while designing content.
- Analyzes performance gaps, and driving the design, creation, and evaluation of training solutions.
- Writes scripts for workshops, training presentations (i.e. PowerPoint) & webinars.
- Writes learning objectives, course content, scenarios, practice activities and assessments.
- Identifies and storyboards development of videos, eLearning, photoshoots and other multimedia tools that support the learning objective.
- Ideates improvement of job aids, trainer guides, training documents, quizzes, e-learning and workbooks.
- Applies adult learning and change management principles, theories and concepts to work activities, complex projects and communication plans.
- Manages project planning and program development life cycle, including defining scope and deliverable review cycles and tracking milestones.
- Provides a wide range of change and training communication services needed to successfully launch, improve and sustain training and operations programs and projects.
- Provides train-the-trainer support for the field training team as needed.
- Serves as training representative on BWW GO specific tests.
- Partners with LMS team to administer courses, course assignments and reporting in the LMS.
- Maintains working knowledge of new training and development initiatives outside the company. Keeps current on industry trends.
- Creates fun and engaging learning assets.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with the Training Team and designated project initiatives.
- Works on special projects as necessary to support the always learning approach of Buffalo Wild Wings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience.
- Preferred: Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) or Certified Hospitality trainer (CHT).
- Three or more years in a corporate learning and development or highly cross functional operations role
- Two or more years of personally creating and developing training programs including training manuals, job aids, workshops or similar.
- Highly Preferred: Experience in the restaurant or hospitality industry in an operations or training role.
- Preferred: Experience in creating service, beverage and/or culinary training.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES
- Strong written and verbal communication, project planning and management skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate and effectively communicate at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated experience identifying needs, developing action plans, identifying deliverables, and presenting results/recommendations.
- Ability to positively impact and influence internal and external constituents at various levels.
- Able to organize, simplify, condense, present and sequence content effectively.
- Packs maximum meaning into minimum words that are simple, relevant and keep the end user in mind.
- Conceptually and intuitively understands how people learn and ensures final content helps the learning objective.
- Takes a guest-focused approach in attaining desired results.
- Demonstrated business acumen and strategic thinking skills.
- Able to connect content, concepts and processes with context.
- Has a curiosity and drive towards always learning and quickly comprehends new information.
- Uses effective time management to balance short and long-term projects.
- Able to balance creativity with realistic practical scenarios.
- Proficient with content development tools.
Date posted: 04/15/2023
Location: Atlanta, GA
Start Date: 05/01/2023
Apply Online: https://careers.inspirebrands.com/us/en/job/JR25249/Manager-Learning-Growth-Initiatives
Company Name: Buffalo Wild Wings
Inspire Brands is a multi-brand restaurant company whose portfolio includes nearly 32,000 Arby’s, Baskin-Robbins, Buffalo Wild Wings, Dunkin’, Jimmy John’s, and SONIC Drive-In restaurants worldwide. We’re made up of some of the world’s most iconic restaurant brands, but we’re much more than just a restaurant company. We’re a team of hundreds of thousands who individually and collectively are changing the way people eat, drink and gather around the table. We know that food is much more than a staple—it’s an experience. At Inspire, that’s our purpose: to ignite and nourish flavorful experiences.