8 Questions Training Leaders Should Think About (often)
May 21, 2018 | 1901 Views
Your weekly agenda is probably filled with back-to-back meetings, conference calls with the operations team, to-do lists a mile long, and one-on-ones with your training teams. Sound about right? The weeks come and go and before you know it, and you haven’t made time to reflect on what matters most - your team and directives.
So ask yourself today (yes, right now):
- What it is like to work for me?
- How do I encourage people to take responsibility and risks?
- Did my team make progress today?
- How is the way I think and process information affecting my organizations culture?
- Does my team have the opportunity to do what they do best every day?
- Do I see more potential in people then they do in themselves?
- If my accomplishments weren’t public, how would I lead differently?
- What prevents me from making changes I know will make me a more effective leader?
Asking good questions and doing so often opens you to new ideas and possibilities. The answers, and more importantly what you do with them, will progress your strategy, innovation, and the development of your team.