Virtual Training Forums (VTFs)
CHART Member virtual roundtable best practice sharing meetings. These forums give members an opportunity to talk informally with other hospitality trainers to share problems we are adressing in this fast changing environment and help each other find solutions together.
View Topics, Schedule and Best Practice Summaries
Free webinars open to all on substantive topics crucial to hospitality trainers, such as technology, leadership, culture, talent management, and trands in hospitality.
View schedule of upcoming webinars and library of past webinar recordings
On-Demand Coronavirus Webinars
National and State Restaurant Associations
Coronavirus Resources: Labor and Employment Law Challenges and Obligations Facing Employers - Hosted by the National Restaurant Association Restaurant Law Center
Curbside for Full Service Restaurants - Hosted by the Texas Restaurant Association
Coronavirus: Industry Readiness and Response - Hosted by the National Restaurant Association and ServSafe
Preparing for the Coronavirus: Steps for Restaurant Readiness - Hosted by ServSafe
Cultural Intelligence for Restaurant Managers During COVID-19: A Virtual Roundtable - Hosted by the Multicultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance (MFHA)
Remote Engagement - Where Do We Go From Here? - Hosted by Viatech multiple times through April and May
Other Informational Webinars
Goldman Sachs State of Restaurant & Retail Industries - Posted April 8, 2020
Goldman Sachs State of Travel & Leisure Industries - Posted April 16, 2020
EDUCATIONAL Courses - FREE Online training
DiscoverLink COVID-19 Microlearning Courses - FREE through September 30
DiscoverLink has compiled a set of best practices from its clients for dealing with the unique situation COVID-19 has presented. Three microlearning courses, Restaurant Safety, Hotel Safety, and Carryout and Curbside Best Practices, are available for free through September 30, 2020.
Access Discoverlink Free Training here.
DiscoverLink AGM to GM Development Program - FREE Access for 3 Months
DiscoverLink is offering three months of its AGM to GM program for free, so you can focus on leadership development while business is slow. You’ll get unlimited use of this 8-competency, 20-course program on your learning management system or ours. Upon request, DiscoverLink experts will even customize the exams and experiential activities that come with the program to reflect your practices.
Access DiscoverLink Free Program here.
Goldman Sachs 1000 Women Course (Added 4-23-20)
A collection of 10 courses which provide a practical business education – strengthening your business knowledge, skills and plans for growth. The courses are suitable for any entrepreneur looking to take their business to the next level.
This collection of courses covers a full range of topics from the fundamentals of finance and marketing, to leadership style, funding, and negotiations.
Access Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women Course here.
OTHER FREE ONLINE EDUCATION, MEMBERSHIPS, ETC.
Discounts and Free Partner Offerings
Deferred Fees on DiscoverLink Talent - For new clients who sign up for DiscoverLink Talent by July 31, 2020, we’ll defer the implementation fees until 2021. Once you’re set up, we’ll invoice you monthly for LMS and content subscription fees through the remainder of 2020, so you’ll only pay for what you need as you ramp up operations again. It’s never been easier to get started with e-learning! Request a demo of DiscoverLink Talent here: https://discoverlink.com/demo/
- Coursera (most are free to audit)
- Kahn Academy
- UDEMY (many are free or reduced fees)
- Women of the Vine & Spirits (free membership to access resources through June 15, 2020)
- Area 9 Lyceum COVID-19 Adaptive Learning Test - 20 minute course to see what you know, what you don’t know, and see how adaptive learning can work to enhance learning.
- Harvard ManageMentor Courses - (Stress Management, Crisis Management, Global Collaboration, Change Management)
- Working Remotely – 1 hr
- Time Management: Working From Home – 1 hr 25 min
- Being an effective Team Member – 31 min
- Productivity Tips: Finding Your Productive Mindset – 59 min
- Leading at a Distance – 36 min
- Balancing Work and Life – 28 min
- Thriving @ Work: the Connection between Well-being and Productivity – 41 min
- Managing Stress for Positive Change – 57 min
- Building Resilience – 34 min
The National Restaurant Association's COVID-19 webpage (and daily COVID-19 Update e-newsletter signup) is an excellent place to find the most up-to-date information.
The American Hotel & Lodging Association's COVID-19 webpage details the Hotels for Hope initiative and legislative and regulatory updates.
ADDITIONAL COVID-19 RESOURCES
- Restaurant Reopening Questions – Patrick Yearout
- Daily Disinfectant Checklist Sample
- Sanitation Special Job Description - AAG
- Coronavirus Restaurant Reopening Procedures Sample – AAG
- Blacksheep Restaurants SOP COVID Playbook
- Phone Order Best Practices Video
- Reopening Criteria for Iowa Restaurants
- Restaurant Reopening Guide – SRA + NRA
- Return to Work Guidelines - NRA
- International Franchise Association’s COVID-19 Resources
- National Retail Federation’s State COVID-19 Resources
- National Restaurant Association’s COVID-19 Resources by State
- CARES Act Overview (ADDED 4-5-20)
- Re-Restaurant Guide 2020: A Path to the New Normal (ADDED 4-15-20)
- Wisetail COVID-19 Resource Page (ADDED 4-19-20)
- Datassential COVID-19 RESTAURANT Reports + Free Webinar every Friday (ADDED 4-23-20)
- Venza Group COVID-19 related Training Materials (hotel focus) (ADDED 4-23-20)
- Restaurant Playbook COVID-19 Resources (ADDED 4-23-20)
- National Restaurant Association COVID19 Reopening Guidance (ADDED 4-29-20; UPDATED 5-28-20)
- Coronavirus & the Restaurant Industry: What the Data Shows [Blackbox Intelligence] (ADDED 5-2-20)
GOVERNMENT COVID-19 RESOURCES
- Department of Labor COVID-19 Resources
- Department of Treasury Assistance for Small Businesses
- Internal Revenue Service COVID-19 Resources
- Tax Foundation’s State Legislative Responses to COVID-19
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s COVID-19 Resource
- U.S. Small Business Administration’s COVID-19 Small Business Loan Resources
- FDA Food Sector COVID Face Covering Guidelines (ADDED 4-26-20)
- CDC Reopening Guidelines (ADDED 5-1-20). (Restaurant & Bar Specifics start on page 12)
Scholarships, Assistance and Support
- Restaurant Employee Relief Fund
- One Fair Wage Emergency Fund
- Restaurant Workers Community Foundation
- CORE – Children of Restaurant Employees (only if test positive)
- Women of the Vine & Spirits Foundation (scholarships)
- Another Round, Another Rally
- Southern Smoke
- Bartender Emergency Relief Fund
- California Restaurant Association Foundation (CRAF)
- United Way Emergency Relief Fund – (contact your local office)
- The Plate Fund - (Seattle area)
- Professional Development scholarships for EI certifications (certification eligibility criteria apply, but people who have been furloughed from AHLA member properties are included) (ADDED 4-23-20)
- Continuing Education scholarships (ESL, GED, etc.) (ADDED 4-23-20)