The Training Representative is responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the Viejas Center of Career Development front desk, assisting with administration of Team Member programs, and for providing excellent guest service when interacting with internal and external guests. Duties include being welcoming and taking care of Team Member needs regarding Training and Development; set - up for training and meetings held in the Viejas Center of Career Development; maintaining organization and cleanliness of the center; adhering to Viejas Casino & Resort policies and procedures.
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
- Serves as first point of contact for Viejas Center of Career Development. Greets, directs, and provides information to candidates, Team Members, vendors, and Guests. This includes assisting Talent Acquisition team as needed.
- Fosters Guest-focused culture, taking initiative to handle matters within appropriate authority.
- Manages the Viejas Center of Career Development space. This includes set-up and cleanliness of each suite, reservations for use and supplies needed for daily use.
- Uses excel to manage data for Team Member recognition and engagement programs.
- Assists with the administrative side of LMS (learning management system) for training. This includes troubleshooting with Team Members, sending activation links, assigning mandatory courses, etc. Communicates with departments and Team Members for mandatory course completion or renewal.
- Assists with Team Member Handbook and Online Course Directory edits and updates managed through WORD.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization information to complete “reasonable checks” on data received and entered. Contacts appropriate manager or Team Member if additional information is needed.
- Oversees the administrative side of company’s two-day new hire orientation from start to finish including room set-up, materials, payroll reporting, orientation tour, grading quizzes and communicating results.
- Communicates with other areas of HR for ordering needs. Examples include Team Viejas pins, gift cards, and Veteran Pins.
- Places orders for office supplies and materials as well and training refreshments.
- Protects company assets and reports any fraudulent activity to Surveillance Department and Management and maintains a confidential work environment.
- Follows company and departmental policies and standard operating procedures, and any applicable governmental laws and regulations.
- Acts as a leader in adherence to Viejas standards of appearance, grooming, professionalism, and STYLE Service.
- Ensures that a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment is maintained.
STYLE SERVICE COMMITTMENT
All Team Members commit to delivering Viejas STYLE Service, our own unique delivery of hospitality service that creates an experience our Guests never want to leave. As a Viejas Team Member, your commitment to – and upholding of --- these standards is important and necessary to ensure Viejas is a place our Guests and Team Members enjoy as a place to stay, play, dine and work!
- Interacts with internal and external guests with a positive attitude and professionalism at all times.
- Does not provide supervision to others.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills including enthusiastic, energetic, professional, friendly and courteous manner at all times.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to perform duties assigned with meticulous attention to detail.
- Advanced working computer skills, including data entry, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel), photocopy and scanning machines.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Ability to produce creative ideas and collaborate with others to accomplish a common goal.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions correspondence and memos and write clear instructions, descriptions, and memos.
- Detail-oriented, organized, values teamwork, self-motivated, and ability to multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Must be a self-starter and able to adjust to change.
- Ability to learn new software and administrative training.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a high level of confidentiality, diplomacy, tact, and professionalism.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 2 to 4 years of customer service, human resources, or experience working with training programs required.
- Experience working with a variety of desktop and Microsoft Office software required, with Excel knowledge being of primary importance.
Date posted: 08/31/2023
Salary: hourly position, pay rage $17.44 - $24.00
Location: Viejas Casino & Resort
Start Date: 11/09/2023
Contact: Gina LeClair
Apply Online: https://viejas.com/careers/
Company Name: Viejas Casino & Resort
The Viejas Band of Kumeyaay Indians are proud owners of a tribal government-owned and operated Casino & Resort, which opened in 1991. Profits from Viejas Casino have enabled the Tribe to become self-sufficient once again. Viejas Casino & Resort is an award-winning property honored by AAA with a four diamond rating for our consistent exceptional Guest service experience. The Casino offers approximately 2,500 slot machines, a variety of exciting table games including Blackjack, Baccarat, Pai Gow, an Off-Track Betting facility, and a Slot and Bingo Parlor. Viejas Casino also offers a variety of restaurants including the award-winning Grove Steakhouse, Baron Long Bar & Grill, the 24-hour Café, Ginger Noodle Bar, Daily Roast 24-hour coffee house, and our newest venue, The Grab and Go. Viejas’ two hotel experiences, Viejas Hotel and Willows Hotel, showcase modern, streamlined design throughout—while maintaining a handcrafted, boutique feel. Our Viejas Hotel features 237 luxurious rooms, between its two towers, the Oak Tower and the Mountain Tower. There is a lavish penthouse suite, a lush spacious pool, with a VIP dipping pool and cabanas, fitness center and business center. The Willows Hotel opened in February 2018 and has 159 all suite rooms. Guests can enjoy the Allure salt water pool and Jacuzzi, 24-hour fitness center and spacious business center. The Willows Spa, located adjacent to Willows Hotel, has seven treatment rooms, two hair, pedicure and manicure stations, a salt water pool, and sauna. The beautiful Viejas Outlets, located across the street from the Casino, offers visitors a unique shopping experience with highly acclaimed stores, the Viejas Bowl, a winter ice-skating rink and summer roller rink, numerous eateries, and frequent outdoor entertainment.
website: http://Viejas Casino & Resort