Senior Manager, Learning - Marketing & Loyalty
What will I be doing?
The Senior Manager of Learning, Marketing & Loyalty, will be responsible for the strategic design and architecture of the learning curriculum for hotel and corporate Team Members, including design, development, and curation of training content. You will ensure all learning content is aligned to business goals, is delivered in a consistent, efficient manner, and has measurable outcomes. You will consult with business partners and internal colleagues globally to identify learning needs, provide learning recommendations and solutions that align with Hilton’s learning strategy and ensure the successful development and delivery of that strategy.
In addition, you will be a project liaison between learning vendors and Marketing & Loyalty Leaders. You will serve as the subject matter expert on learning design, delivery methods, and measurement learning programs in partnership with these vendors, while advising your clients. Your clients will typically be Marketing & Loyalty Hotel and Corporate leaders, and other Commercial Leaders, globally. This involves developing and curating content that supports the strategic objectives and accelerates the functional development of the team through the development, implementation, and facilitation of content, along with the partnering of external vendors and measuring the outcomes of learning events!
More specifically, you will:
• Lead the design, development, and implementation of learning solutions.
• Conduct needs analysis and apply instructional design methodologies using Adult Learning Theory.
• Meet regularly with key partners and leadership to ensure a proactive approach in developing curricula as well as learning that applies to hotels and other parts of the enterprise.
• Collaborate with Marketing & Loyalty business partners to ensure that all learning content is aligned with strategic objectives and based upon instructional design and learning theory principles. This includes delivering learning content in an efficient manner.
• Partner with vendors for content development. This includes building requests for proposals and review vendor options, managing statements of work/non-disclosure agreements/master service agreements, providing feedback to vendor-based responses/edits from partners, and handling timely payment of invoices.
• Serve as a subject matter expert on learning design and content and serve as a project liaison between vendors and business partners.
• Perform vital Global learning program updates to learning material, including PowerPoint presentations, pre-work guides, support documents, participant guides, and online resources.
• Maintain and update online or offline departmental documentation.
• Ensure significant program changes or expressed needs from business partners for new programming are provided to Director, Commercial Learning for further follow-up.
• Track program expenses and communicate participant evaluation data regularly.
• Develop own personal development plan for learning professional goals.
• Work within established departmental budget.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously with ambiguity and little supervision.
• Perform vital learning program updates to learning material including, but not limited to PowerPoint presentations, pre-work guides, support documents, and participant guides.
• Collaborate with other members of the Global Learning and Talent Development team, as well as gauge innovative methods of learning that are rooted in adult learning theory.
• Build partnerships with Senior Leaders, Learning and Development, training vendors, or others.
• Collaborate with business partners on learning needs and provide recommendations on learning strategies with an enterprise mindset.
• Articulate sophisticated analytical topics to a wide audience who may or may not be familiar with the subject matter.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity while effectively and creatively problem-solving across the business.
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
• Five (5) years of professional experience
• Three (3) years of learning and development experience
• Experience advising partners on proactive and adaptable learning solutions
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Word, and Excel including the ability to understand/build/manipulate presentations, spreadsheets, and documents
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
• Project management experience
• Instructional Design knowledge
• Corporate or On-Property Marketing and/or Loyalty program experience
• APTD, CPLP/CPTD, PMP, CCMP, or Prosci Change Management certifications
Date posted: 04/10/2023
Location: McLean, VA - remote will be considered
Contact: Monique Donahue
Apply Online: https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/job/COR013J9/Senior-Manager-Learning-Marketing-Loyalty
Company Name: Hilton
What is it like working for Hilton? The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces. We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!