Regional Training and Openings Manager
As a Regional Training & Openings Manager (RTOM), you will manage and oversee the planning and training process of new restaurant openings and certified training restaurants on a regional level. The RTOM reports to Training and there is one RTOM per Regional Director of Operations (RDO). You will partner with operations and advise on management team selection, as well as train and develop a strong bench of New Restaurant Opening Captains. As a strategic partner, you will collaborate with RDOs and Market Partners in operations, while preparing them for a world class training experience at every existing and upcoming Piada Italian Street Food.
How You'll Lead
Managing many New Restaurant Openings (NROs), you will train and develop to manage complex issues, while building trust, credibility, and respect with each key stakeholder and cross functional partner in the planning process. You'll be responsible for processes improvement, executing objectives, and driving key performance indicators.
What You'll Do
- Ensure the highest levels of training standards at all NROs.
- Provide coaching and development support based on individuals training performance during scheduled field visits and one-on-one calls with each NRO Captain.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the cross-functional Home Office team to deliver training for new restaurants according to the schedule.
- Positively support new company initiatives and rollouts based on operations priorities.
- Have an innate technical expertise with all facets of operation's procedures.
- Collect information about successes/challenges/opportunities of new restaurant openings, share appropriate information to refine and improve processes.
- Review quarterly and yearly training results related to operations priorities and KPIs to identify gaps and develop training plans to address opportunities.
- Build a network of Certified Training Restaurants that meet certification requirements throughout the region.
- Collaborate with the Operations, Culinary, & Training teams to build and maintain the certification process.
- Monitoring certified training restaurants to ensure they uphold the expectations that have been set.
- Maintain a training culture where all employees utilize a one best way approach by understanding all of Piada’s training materials, collaborating with Operations to ensure all new, salaried Partners are properly on-boarded and trained and visiting restaurants with Market Partners to ensure that training materials and systems are in place.
- Conduct classes to help facilitate the individualized, ongoing development of all Partners including hard skills and soft skills as well as the coordination of outside training as needed across the region
- Lead/coordinate across the region by preparing with the field for quarterly rollouts
- Supporting legacy restaurants across the company with urgent operational needs
- Maintaining a constant feedback loop with the Training team on the accessibility, understanding and application of training tools and systems by partnering to build and test new solutions and the development of new training materials
What You'll Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university preferred
- 3+ years Multi-Unit Experience in Restaurant Operations, Training or related experience required
- Be disciplined and organized with a work ethic
- Have the desire to teach and develop others
- Have the ability to challenge others thinking, be challenged, and maintain composure
- Enjoy speaking in front of large groups of people
- Be self-driven and a bit of a perfectionist who knows how to multitask
- Maintain a positive, proactive attitude and high degree of flexibility
- Possess excellent writing skills
- Certified Hospitality Trainer (CHT), Professional in Human Resource, (PHR), Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Project Management, Instructional Design, or other professional certificates
- Proficient in a variety of technology systems including MS Office- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft Teams and able to adapt to new systems quickly. Adobe Suite, and Smartsheet preferred
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time, stand for long periods of time in a restaurant environment, ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Passion for Piada's Core Values
- Preferred manager-level ServSafe certification
Date posted: 01/04/2023
Location: Columbus, OH
Contact: Corban Nichols
Apply Online: https://careers-thepiadagroup.icims.com/jobs/8534/regional-training-and-operations-manager/job?mobile=false&width=1342&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
Company Name: Piada Italian Street Food
We are passionate about food and about sharing it with others. We believe in eating well even when we need to eat fast. Great food starts with a few simple, fresh ingredients and someone who knows how to bring the best flavors to life. Every Piada is run by a chef — not a manager — who will personally greet you as you step up to the stone. Our open kitchen design invites you to share in the experience as our chef crafts your meal, to order — Piadas, Pasta Bowls, and Chopped Salads all to be enjoyed in our dining room or on the run. It's good food, made fast, made fresh. Every time.