About the job
Our restaurants are only the tip of the flame. If you’re looking for a fast paced, innovative and welcoming workplace then a career with our Corporate Familia is right for you.
What’s in it for you!
- Medical + Dental + Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D/Long Term Disability
- Vacation + Sick Pay
- Competitive Compensation + Bonus
- Discounts of El Pollo Loco food
- Discounts on theme parks, movie tickets, sports, hotels and more.
The Director, Training designs, plans, and implements training programs and communications aligned with EPL’s people development objectives and strategies. This position is accountable for establishing the strategic direction of the Training Department in support of field and support center operations and is responsible for inspiring an organization-wide culture of learning, growth and belonging. Fosters strong partnerships with franchisees to ensure consistency and effective training across the entire franchise network in alignment with EPL’s overall training strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage with organizational leaders to understand their business challenges, identify organizational/departmental training needs, and develop effective learning solutions.
- Lead cross-functional teams to assess and make recommendations on ongoing and future training and development needs as well as effectively establish goals and programs that drive growth for the organization.
- Provide ongoing support to franchise and company operations in the implementation and delivery of training programs. Ensure franchise and company operations have the proper guidance on effective training methodologies; access to necessary training resources, materials, and technology platforms; and an effective platform for knowledge-sharing and the exchange of feedback, best practices and innovative approaches.
- Oversee the selection and/or development of materials and appropriate delivery methods (e.g., instructor led, web demos, video conferences, workshops) for programs on a variety of topics (e.g., new employee orientation, job skills training, continuous education, leadership, performance appraisals)
- Develop assessments to identify training needs, gaps in curriculum and other learning opportunities that support performance management and organizational initiatives and goals.
- Oversee and direct EPL’s Certified Training Restaurant (CTR) Program, including program strategy, effective program design and development, implementation and execution, trainer development and support, stakeholder management, compliance and continuous improvement.
- Establish, maintain, and report on metrics to indicate training impact and create evaluation programs that measure effectiveness, updating approaches and curriculum, as necessary
- Ownership and oversight of compliance tracking and reporting for required certifications, such as ServeSafe, anti-harassment training, and other essential certifications across the organization, including ensuring compliance protocols are established and maintained, establishing a cadence for internal auditing and reporting, and certification database management.
- Evaluate and determine the effectiveness of current learning methods/systems.
- In collaboration with VP of Training & Ops Services and Human Resources team, provide leadership in the development of training programs that increase employee retention, company efficiency and brand recognition.
- Lead training team in raising awareness of EPL training opportunities, providing information on benefits to drive positive participation rates
QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The requirements listed below are representative of the education and/or experience required.
Undergraduate degree in a related discipline and 8-10 years of related work experience. Minimum four years managing a team.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Preferred certifications: Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), Certified Professional in E-Learning (CPE), Certified Professional in Online Learning (CPO), Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Leadership Development Professional (CLDP), and/or Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies
- Train-the-trainer experience, coaching and willingness to develop others.
- Experience building and/or overseeing the process of building training programs for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with successfully recruiting, building, and developing a team (based on current and future needs).
- Experience with accreditation and certification organization criteria, policies, standards, and processes
- Experience with Learning Management System (LMS) platforms and instructional design software applications.
- Confidence in execution of strategic initiatives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving mindset and skills; meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work assignments and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret complex reports, documents, and correspondence.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment on matters of significance to the company.
- Ability to work weekends and extended work schedules as needed.
- Must be willing and able to travel locally within Southern California and to out-of-state restaurant locations, as needed by car or airplane.
Date posted: 08/15/2023
Salary: Salary: $125,000 - $165,000/year
Location: Costa Mesa, CA (On-site)
Contact: Willis Preston
Apply Online: https://us231.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/loco/JobApplication?postingid=18416
Company Name: El Pollo Loco, Inc.
Company & Culture For over 35 years El Pollo Loco continues to dominate the market in delivering the best citrus-marinated fire-grilled chicken. We opened our first restaurant in 1980 in Los Angeles, and today we are over 450 restaurants strong and still growing! From our products to our people, we’re truly amazing! The pay range identified is the hourly or salary rate El Pollo Loco expects to pay for the posted position. This range does not include any benefits or bonus opportunities that might be available for the position based on position and eligibility criteria. Individual pay will vary based on a variety of factors including years of experience, industry experience, education, geography, etc.