I am sourcing for Director of Learning & Development for our restaurant group. This position will join a talented team contributing to our multi-concept restaurant unit. The position is Houston based but will involved high touch and frequent travel to all Texas markets as well as California, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. We are a great brand and value our people! Please contact me if you or anyone in your network may be interested.
The Director of Learning and Development will support this growth by creating and implementing programs that advance the performance of our MHRG Team Members across our restaurants and the MHRG Home Office. Providing First Class Restaurant Support to our teams is our focus every day. The Director, Learning and Development will ensure we are enhancing the skills, knowledge, capabilities and confidence of our Team Members to be successful in their daily roles and to enable them to grow their careers with MHRG.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead the Learning and Development team to support defined training and development programs and initiatives for the company.
· Oversee the Hourly Operations Team Member training to include onboarding, guest service excellence, operational areas of focus, as well as culinary and beverage knowledge.
· Oversee the Operations Management and Manager-in-Development Training to include areas of operational responsibility, technical and operational systems, business acumen, team management, brand and culture and leadership competencies.
· Design and deliver Leadership Development to support internal pipeline of talent to meet future growth demands.
· Develop and facilitate MHRG Home Office Team Member performance through training, education and leadership development.
· Support Workforce and Succession Planning and other programs that identify and evaluate leadership for our current and future organizational structure.
· Create and implement development plans to address talent gaps and support our fast-pace growth.
· Evaluate and identify learning technology that will provide practical training delivery, as well as tracking of our Team Members’ progress.
· Adhere to consistent and reliable work schedule.
· Complete required training assigned through the company training portal.
· Demonstrate ethical business practices and integrity in all interactions to uphold the MHRG brand.
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in a learning and development leadership role, ideally in a restaurant, hospitality or multi-unit retail environment
· Bachelor’s degree; focus on human resources, organizational development/organizational behavior, business administration or related field a plus
· Experience in leading and developing a high-performing team
· Ability to assess training needs and develop and implement programs to support company growth objectives, operational excellence and workforce and succession planning initiatives
· Excellent, effective and professional verbal and written communication skills; ability to manage a productive flow of communication in a variety of settings
· Ability to partner with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization
· Desire and flexibility to assume the roles of individual contributor, team player and leader simultaneously as the organization evolves
· Sound understanding of adult learning principles
· Experience selecting & implementing e-learning/LMS/Performance Management systems, a plus
· Ability to travel to MHRG restaurants, as needed
Date posted: 06/13/2022
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact: Stacey Brown
Apply Online: https://www.hralliance.net/Apply/JobInfo.aspx?positionId=19005&locationId=8223
Company Name: Mac Haik Restaurant Group
Mac Haik Restaurant Group (MHRG) represents a new age of premier restaurants built from a portfolio consisting of concepts committed to integrity, honesty, and the advocation of health and wellness. With the culmination of providing unforgettable experiences focused on quality ingredients and service to guests, a motivating work environment bursting with opportunity for its team members, and delivering top-notch results for its stakeholders, MHRG has become a new industry leader. MHRG got its start by owning and operating over 128 Egg and I Restaurants until purchased by First Watch. Since the purchase, MHRG has secured ownership and franchise agreements with First Watch Daytime Café and Slapfish. MHRG also has controlling interest in Slapfish, ChopShop, and bellagreen.