Assistant Director of People and Learning at Pendry Park City
Pendry Park City is the ideal base for outdoor adventures in every season. Our prime ski-in/ski-out location offers 7,300 acres of exceptional terrain paired with all of the services of a luxury resort, including ski valet, Spa Pendry, fine dining and a rooftop bar and pool. During the warmer months, hiking, mountain biking, and outdoor concerts are equally enticing endeavors. A modernist take on a traditional alpine lodge, the resort will feature 152 guestrooms and suites, along with fully serviced Pendry Residences Park City ranging in size from studios to four-bedroom homes. In the true tradition of Pendry, impeccable service-at-the-ready awaits you, making every aspect of your stay a pleasure.
With captivating destinations, artful environments, and attentive service, Pendry ushers in a new era of luxury hospitality. If you share the same passion for the emergence of the new luxury traveler: the guest who values design, service, culture and comfort, but wants to experience them in a new way, then we invite you to discover a modern professional and socially integrated experience with Pendry.
The Assistant Director of People and Learning will collaborate, partner, and support the Director of People on all human resource functions, programs, assignments and resort activities as deemed necessary to support the business. The Assistant Director of People and Learning has the overall responsibility for facilitating, coordinating, and supporting Pendry learning programs to include Know Thyself, Associates 10 Day training, and departmental specific skills and knowledge. The Assistant Director of People and Learning will have a with a pro-active approach and gracious attitude by effectively mentoring, coaching, and developing the Pendry Team.
- Understands the day-to-day operations of the People Department Office
- Provides regular training and mentoring to the Pendry team
- Must be highly professional, yet personable, with a strong ability to create meaningful relationships
- Manages associate relations documentation and conducts investigations in accordance with Director of People
- Responsible for handling highly confidential information and ensures company standards and legal compliance are met
- Plans and assists the People Team with the execution of associate recognition programs on a quarterly basis
- Responsible for facilitating Know Thyself for all new hire Associates. Responsible for the overall administration of Know Thyself to include but not limited to preparing Know Thyself binders, blocking space, coordinating meeting set-up, agenda, and PowerPoint presentations. Oversee Know Thyself binder information updates regularly.
- Support managers in the completion of the 10-Day training process. Review test scores and support managers on training company standards and processes. Connect with Associates during the 10-Day process to assist in any area. Facilitate feedback to managers and Executive Committee.
- Attend and participate in “line-ups” or pre-meal meetings, to ensure departments are “perfecting the basics”. Role-play in department meetings and audit behaviors of Pendry Associates and departments to Pendry standards. Provide feedback to Managers and Associates on performance.
- Plan organize, and assist process. Facilitate “Listening” section, coordinate the Wow section with other trainers and support Managers in the creation of Wows for participants
- Work with EC team and/or Managers to determine who needs to attend. Plan and organize agenda and book space. Lead the class and work with guest speakers as needed.
- Responsible for preparation and printing of all materials for learning classes, to include; blocking space, creating banquet event orders, organizing and filing material.
- Coordinate and guide Departmental and Technical Trainers in developing training skills. Oversee certification updates.
- Uses outstanding verbal and written communication skills to coach, counsel, advise, mentor and motivate associates and managers at all levels
- Extensively uses human resources information systems to verify data entry accuracy, as well as run necessary payroll and benefit reports
- Attends weekly staff meetings; weekly presentations may be required
- Advanced in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; daily use of nearly all programs will occur
Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill various tasks. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally. Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates; use of these senses will occur on a constant basis.
- 4-6 years of human resource experience; 3 of which were in a training role
- Bachelor’s Degree (substitute 1 year of education for 2 years of work experience)
- Must have a diverse human resources background with experience including, but not limited to; employee relations, benefits and compensation, training, compliance, and recruitment
- Must have significant employee relations experience at a decision-making level, including experience conducting investigations, coaching, counseling, and handling complaints
- Must have demonstrated skills in group facilitation (large and small), performance improvement consulting, coaching, and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Exceptional presentation, interpersonal, and writing skills to engage, motivate and influence audiences.
- Strong attention to detail
- Travel may be required
- SPHR/PHR Certification preferred
- Training and development certifications preferred.
- Luxury hotel experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with Workday
Date posted: 01/27/2023
Salary: 85,000 - 92,500
Location: Park City, UT, United States
Start Date: 01/25/2023
Contact: Kendall Stephens
Apply Online: https://montage.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Montage_International/job/USA--UT--Pendry-Park-City/Assistant-Director-of-People-and-Learning_R26153
Company Name: Pendry Park City - Montage International
Montage International Montage International, the ultra-luxury hospitality management company founded by Alan J. Fuerstman, features a distinctive collection of hospitality brands. Montage International encompasses the ultra-luxury brand Montage Hotels & Resorts, the new luxury hospitality brand Pendry Hotels, Montage Residences, Pendry Residences and the management of some of the country’s premier golf courses and clubs. Pendry Co-founded by Alan and Michael Fuerstman in 2015, Pendry was born into the lineage of Montage Hotels & Resorts, elevating design and service for a new luxury traveler – a worldly, modern-day explorer. At each Pendry location, we’ve embraced art, music and design, within the culture of the neighborhood, combining them in each hotel and residence with our unspoken list of non-negotiables; simple luxury, clean design, well-crafted restaurant experiences, vibrant bars and that perfect balance of polished comfort and modern edge. Pendry Park City THERE’S MORE TO THE MOUNTAINS. DISCOVER IT HERE. Introducing Pendry Park City, a contemporary mountain enclave bringing the mastery of Utah’s awe-inspiring landscape to all new heights. A ski in/ski out hotel nestled in the center of Canyons Village, Pendry Park City is your new, California-inspired gateway to the very best of Utah. A slopeside retreat where modernist design inspires every angle, luxury service is welcoming at every turn and every amenity is thoughtfully executed to ensure an exceptional experience with every visit.