Learning Experience Designer
The Learning Experience Designer will play a key role in designing, standardizing, and implementing curriculum and programming needed to support the training and development of associates throughout Marcus Hotels & Resorts. Particular emphasis will be placed on the instructional design of content that enhances associate skill sets and engagement at all levels in order to maintain operational and service excellence, achieve business results and support company initiatives. In addition, this role will have system administration oversight and subject matter expertise of our learning management system (LMS).
· Design, write, edit, standardize and implement engaging learning materials and activities in alignment with organizational training and development goals and directives.
· Apply adult learning theory and instructional design methodology to develop interactive written and eLearning training programs that support multiple learning styles for team members.
· Select appropriate instructional methodologies such as individual coaching, group instruction, self-study, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role-play, and computer-based training.
· Design and deliver learning products in variety of formats including graphics, audio, video, and animation technologies.
· Create compelling content as needed across a broad associate spectrum, from entry level to executive leadership.
· Convert appropriate courses and assessments for web and mobile-based delivery as directed.
· Provide divisional administration and maintenance of LMS platform including course set-up, user set-up, user training, system analytics, user activity reporting, system integrations, and resolution of all other divisional LMS issues.
· Keep current with learning and development tools/systems, trends and methodologies to incorporate latest enhancements and best practices with the focus of improving user and associate engagement as well as personal and professional growth.
· Practice enhanced web and mobile device usability principles to design learning and manage tools that are easily accessible to users across an extremely broad spectrum of technology engagement and use comfort/skill levels.
· Develop training and project materials such as user communications, schedules, presentations, job aids, training guides, achievement scoreboards, etc.
· Effectively manage vendor relationships as applicable.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Adult Learning, Organizational Development, Educational Technology, Business, Human Resources Management, Industrial Psychology or related discipline.
· 3 or more years of related experience, preferably in a service industry.
· Experience using e-learning development tools such as Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Audacity, Camtasia, Photoshop or Illustrator.
· Experience with learning/talent management systems required. Experience with Schoox, preferred.
· Past success producing learning materials and training that generated planned positive outcomes and timely results tied to key performance initiatives and areas critical for operational and/or organizational success.
· Ability to provide structure and support to assist HR Leadership with property training compliance goals.
· Curiosity to explore, implement and integrate new technologies. Overall aptitude for learning emerging technologies quickly and providing support for system users.
· Advanced Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
· E-learning authoring and graphic design tools experience.
· Strong communication, collaboration, facilitation and instructional skills, both written and verbal, and in either in-person or via virtual settings.
· Fluency in English required, working knowledge of other language translations considered an asset.
· High degree of personal and professional organization, prioritization and time/project management skills with strong attention to detail.
· This position may occasionally be required to travel to company locations for the purpose of project work, meetings or presentations. This may involve overnight travel.
Date posted: 09/14/2021
Salary: $65 - $80k. Overtime Eligible Manager (OEM) classification.
Location: Remote or Milwaukee, Wisconsin or Lake Geneva, WI
Start Date: 12/31/1969
Contact: PAMELA RIZZO
Apply Online: http://k.rfer.us/MCPbih15X
Company Name: Marcus Hotels & Resort - The Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
JOB POSTING OPENING STATEMENT: At Marcus Hotel & Resorts, our commitment is to Serve People, Create Memories and Deliver Exceptional Experiences. This applies not only to our guests, and the communities in which we do business, but also to our incredible associates. As we continue to focus on creating the most rewarding and engaging employment experiences possible, we want to further invest in the learning and development of our associates through enhanced curriculum and programming by adding a Learning Experience Designer to our team who brings with them an instructional design skill set. Imperative to our success is an environment focused on creating an empowered, service-oriented culture of excellence, hospitality and fun. If this speaks to your skill set and you have a passion for creating impactful learning that can engage and inspire associates to bring their best to work every day, then we want to hear from you! This opportunity offers remote work in any of the states in which we currently have business operations. (California is excluded as a remote work option.)