Instructional Design Project Manager
The Instructional Design Project Manager will be responsible for consulting with clients to provide Learning and Development solutions that drive performance improvements for client areas, teams, and individuals. They will conduct analysis to determine learning and development needs, if applicable, use active listening and questioning skills to provide performance recommendations or learning solutions to client areas. The Instructional Design Project Manager will collaborate with business partners and subject matter experts to design, develop, implement and evaluate learning solutions. They will apply solid instructional design skills and design courses that will transfer knowledge and engage participants in the learning process. The Instructional Design Project Manager will be responsible for developing and executing multiple project plans simultaneously. They will be expected to facilitate to all levels of the organization including conducting Train-the- Trainer sessions. The Instructional Design Project Manager will learn the clients’ business operations, and maintain significant knowledge of all product offerings and policies through personal interactions, observations, and experiencing operations as through taking phone calls and conducting job-shadows.
- Consult with client areas to analyze and understand performance concerns, determine if a learning solution is needed, and provide outcomes that drive performance improvements for teams, business units and individuals.
- Conduct analysis to determine learning and development needs, and if applicable, use active listening and questioning skills to provide performance recommendations or learning solutions to client areas.
- Collaborate with business partners and subject matter experts to design, develop, implement, and evaluate learning solutions.
- Apply solid instructional design skills and effectively use learning principles and creativity to design courses that transfer knowledge and engage participants in the learning process.
- Design and develop training content for computer based training, facilitator-led training, blended learning, self-study, and job aids.
- Develop and execute multiple project plans simultaneously, identify appropriate team members, assign and drive task completion, schedule and host meetings, and oversee the completion of project goals within an established timeline.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and build credibility with team members, partners, support teams, and client areas.
- Establish regular check-ins with your key partners and client areas.
- Maintain significant knowledge of all product offerings and policies and take monthly required calls.
- Curate, publish, and maintain a library of content and gathering information on a variety of topics to meet the needs of a client or address an identified gap.
- Facilitate training programs (including Train-the-Trainer sessions) in international/domestic locations for audiences at all levels of the organization within client areas as needed using a variety of facilitation techniques and methods.
- Provide clear, concise and consistent communication and act as an advocate to champion change.
- Learn the clients’ business operations through personal interactions, observations, and experiencing those operations as through taking phone calls and conducting job-shadows.
- Leverage multiple software applications to effectively and efficiently design learning solutions.
- Proactively utilize critical thinking skills to make strategic decisions, perform time-sensitive actions, mitigate risk in projects, partner with key support areas, as needed, and ensure the Cast, Guest and Business are considered in all decisions made.
- Manage diverse responsibilities with the ability to shift priorities and complete a multitude of tasks in a rapidly, ever changing environment.
- Adapt quickly to leadership direction and feedback.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with the highest level of integrity.
- Some travel may be required to international and domestic locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven learning and development consulting experience with clients.
- Proven ability to conduct effective learning needs analysis to determine the correct learning solution, if needed.
- Proven knowledge and experience of human performance improvement and learning and development methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in creating technical and soft skills training in a variety of applications such as computer based training, facilitator-led training, blended learning, self-study, and job aids.
- Computer proficiency and ability to work in multiple software applications including eLearning authoring tools and a Learning Content Repository (LCR).
- Demonstrated ability to lead with projects, meet corresponding deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- Process-centric thinking, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to recognize process improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrated strong time management, project management and delegation skills.
- Strong partnering, influencing and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure while handling multiple priorities, use problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Proven ability to facilitate learning and effectively communicate with Cast Members/partners at all levels of the organization.
- Clearly communicate key information to Cast Members at all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing.
- Highly-motivated, self-starter, with the ability to work independently, adapt to change, and take independent actions to hold self accountable to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills with an ability to effectively analyze the situation, offer creative solutions, and follow-up as needed.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, ever-changing environment and maintain a professional composure and demonstrate good judgement while handling a multitude of tasks and difficult situations.
- Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of supported client areas.
- Ability to execute strategy, with proven experience tactically implementing new initiatives.
- Ability to brainstorm and effectively share thoughtful opinions that take a learning experience from good to great.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including evenings, weekends, variable shifts and holidays and travel as needed.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or work equivalent
- Working knowledge of cruise industry, the Disney Cruise Line, National Geographic Expeditions, and Adventures by Disney Products.
- Proven knowledge of and experience working with leading-edge learning methodologies.
- Proficiency with learning management systems (D Learn).
- Bilingual, Multilingual.
Date posted: 10/25/2021
Location: Celebration, FL
Contact: Jannah Delapenha
Company Name: Disney Cruise Line
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself in the hospitality and entertainment industry, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our Cast, Crew and Officers bring the magic to life to provide guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard our ships, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay! With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, Cast, Crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.