Curriculum Designer and Facilitator
The Fikes Companies is searching for a Curriculum Designer and Facilitator to join the Learning and Development team in Temple, Texas!
The ideal candidate has extensive experience in adult learning theory, to include creating content within a learning management system and facilitating learning sessions. The person must have the ability to work with subject matter experts, gathering information and creating/facilitating content to suit a variety of audiences (corporate to field operations).
The Fikes Companies owns CEFCO Convenience Stores, so background in food service and multi-unit organizations is a plus.
What else will the Curriculum Designer and Facilitator do?
- Partners with subject matter experts to design, develop, author, narrate, record, edit, and implement training content and e-learning including handouts, check lists, manuals, tests/quizzes, presentations, scripts, video, audio, etc.Use adult learning theory and its application to craft face-to-face and e-learning modules
- Creates, updates, and maintains an up-to-date library of manuals, tools, learning management system, and other resources used in the training and development, as required
- Converts existing "paper" content to digital (video, e-courses, podcasts)
- Makes recommendations for curriculum improvements
- Facilitates training for learners at all levels, including new hires and existing employees
- Manages content on the learning management system
What are the qualifications?
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Organizational Development, Instructional Design, or a related subject - or equivalent experience
- Minimum three (3) years of professional experience designing, developing, and managing online, blended, or other technology-mediated instruction
- Proficiency in MS Office, to include Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience in Articulate Storyline and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Date posted: 01/15/2020
Location: Temple, TX
Start Date: 01/15/2020
Contact: Brittany Bringman - Recruiter
Company Name: The Fikes Companies / CEFCO Convenience Stores
At The Fikes Companies, our Mission is to build a highly successful company which our employees are proud of, our customers value, and the communities we serve can count on. The Fikes Companies is the parent company of CEFCO Convenience Stores, CORD Financial Services, JF Air Traffic, Fikes Terminal Fuel Supply, and Fikes Wholesale, Inc. CEFCO Convenience Stores is comprised of over 200 retail sites in six states, offering high quality amenities such as Fresh Joe Coffee, Fresh Yo! Frozen Yogurt, fresh, healthy grab snacks, fast food and top quality gas. CEFCO also franchises 6 restaurant brands. CORD Financial Services is a leading provider of innovative ATM solutions, products and services that supports merchants with responsive, knowledgeable and caring people. CORD offers full service ATM placements, cash management, ATM transaction processing, ATM equipment sales, ATM parts and outstanding 24/7 customer and technical support. JF Air Traffic offers air charter through Wing Aviation, seeking to fulfill air charter needs with the level of luxury and personal service our guests expect. Fikes Terminal Fuel Supply and Fikes Wholesales offer fuel products and services to a variety of business.