Vice President of Training and Leadership Development
The Vice President of Training and Leadership Development is responsible for the development and implementation of all training programs, in accordance with Miller’s Ale House company initiatives and strategies. They will be responsible to lead and develop the Training Department Team that are responsible for New Restaurant Openings, Managers-in-Training training, hourly Team Member training and Instructional Design. The Vice-President of Training and Leadership Development will effectively develop, implement and execute new training programs, as well as enhance the existing programs. In this role, they will partner and collaborate with the Operations, Culinary Innovation, Marketing, Human Resources, and IT Departments, to assess the training needs and identify opportunities to develop training programs to enhance the operations in the company.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leverages new and/or existing technology to identify opportunities to improve training programs.
- Consults and partners with operations, as it relates to training, and in providing support, evaluating training needs and improving curriculum.
- Ensures all training and development programs are strategically linked to the organization’s strategic plan, mission, vision and core values.
- Effectively partners with Restaurant Divisional Vice Presidents and Regional Managers to assess operational and developmental needs/opportunities and create strategic and regional solutions that support the operational teams.
- Develops proposals/business cases for new programs and gains sponsorship and support from key stakeholders in the organization.
- Responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of the organization’s Learning Management System. (Schoox)
- Develops and implements Career Development Training Programs with high-potential Managers and their supervisors.
- Delivers high-impact solutions needed to proactively address operational challenges.
- Works in partnership with the Leadership Team to align the needs of the business and deliver training/development solutions for the organization.
- Fosters and cultivates strong company and interdepartmental communications. Builds effective relationships and establishes professional credibility with all levels of the organization.
- Selects, trains and develops internal training and leadership development programs for hourly, management and Restaurant Support Center Miller’s Ale House Team Members. This includes Train the Trainer programs and strategies.
- Develops and supports the Training Instructional Design Team, to include operational and other stakeholders at key points, to ensure alignment.
- Facilitates at the New Manager Training Workshops, as well as at Regional Manager Meetings and General Manager Conferences.
- Tracks key performance indicators to determine the effectiveness of training and development programs and ensure a return on investment.
- Manages program development and implementation prioritization and communication strategy. Develops and manages the annual Training Calendar.
- Holds Training Team accountable to a service level that exceeds expectations, when servicing internal and external customers, achieving business objective goals and their own development paths.
- Analyzes and implements process improvement and makes any necessary adjustments to training methodology. Re-trains as appropriate.
- Actively participates in New Restaurant Openings (NRO) with the Training Teams, to ensure the highest quality of training for newly hired staff.
- Creates and manages the Training Department’s annual budget, which includes, but is not limited to, the Manager-in-Training and the New Restaurant Opening budgets.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive increased responsibility in a training and development role.
- Bachelor's degree in area of specialty and at least 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Proven background in successful training initiatives that have provided a ROI to the business.
- Ability to travel: 40% of the time
Date posted: 01/09/2019
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact: Colleen Hughes
Company Name: Miller's Ale House
We're all about you just being you. Jack & Claire Miller opened the first Miller's Ale House in 1988, in Jupiter, Florida, as a local place to be enjoyed by all walks of life. We are a casual sports restaurant and bar with freshly-made food at an incredible value. A place where making friends is as easy as ordering your next beer. So whether you're here to chill, cheer, chow down or get charged up, you'll find a whole House full of friends and friends-to-be, ready to join in. Everyone can find something they love on our menu. We are well-known for our signature hand-breaded, boneless chicken Zingers, tossed in your choice of sauces. From Sweet Thai Chili to the spicy Mt. St. Helens, our 16 sauces will turn anyone into a Zinger lover! Our menu also features delicious Steaks, original Pasta dishes, bountiful Salads, robust Sandwiches, to-die-for Desserts and lots of Appetizers to share with friends. Our full-service bar features specialty cocktails like our Watermelon Margarita; a nice wine selection; and over 75 varieties of local craft, seasonal and domestic beers. We are continuing to grow, opening 8-10 new restaurants per year and currently have 88 local joints in 13 states. Our people are the heart of our House and we all can’t wait to meet you soon.