Learning & Development Manager
- Supervise and support the work of three employees, consisting of the Management Training specialist, Interpretive Training specialist, and Graphic Design Coordinator.
- Research, develop and present training classes/seminars for managers and staff in subjects related to management development, employment law topics, and improved guest service.
- Review, discuss, evaluate, and approve suggested training materials & topics brought forward by the Training Specialist(s) for possible inclusion in the training curriculums.
- Review training class presentations and provide feedback/coaching on training activities conducted by the Training Specialist(s) and other designated trainers.
- Maintain staffing levels for the Training Department to include opening job postings, conducting interviews per GCSR procedures, candidate selection, and on-boarding.
- Implement and support on an ongoing basis all corporate training initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with NPS Concessions Contract for all Management and Interpretive training requirements.
- Review, approve and distribute monthly training calendar and monthly training report.
- Achieve and maintain professional status as a Certified Interpretive Guide [CIG] and Certified Interpretive Trainer [CIT] through the National Association of Interpretation [NAI].
- Work with the Interpretive Training Specialist and other vested parties within Xanterra to develop an interpretive training plan and strategy that meets requirements of the concession contract.
- As per LMS (Think) and GCSR requirements, develop and administer a core curriculum of management and park information and resource training classes that each salaried manager on property must complete within a designated time frame.
- Act as Administrator for LMS (Think) training tracking. Notify salaried managers and other appropriate positions of training classes he/she needs to complete.
- Act as a resource to Training Specialists in other departments on training needs/requirements and assist them as needed.
- Complete annual reviews for the assigned employees, to include yearly goals and objectives for each.
- Administer annual financial plan for the training department and operate within budget.
- Conduct, streamline and consistently update the New Employee Orientation program as needed or directed.
- Coordinate and ensure 100% completion of property participants in the Xanterra Management Development Program (SkillSoft).
- Work with Department Directors and Executive Management to coordinate and implement training classes regarding management and property-wide training initiatives.
- Project a commitment to the Xanterra Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Five years management training experience in large company setting.
- Five years’ experience as a Manager/Supervisor.
- Certified Interpretive Trainer certification through NAI is preferred, or ability to achieve same.
- Five years’ experience with employee hiring process and new employee onboarding.
- Experience in writing and developing management training programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey material in an understandable manner to the seminar attendees.
- Experience with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint software.
- Ability to measure the effectiveness of training initiatives.
- Experience with a LMS (ideally Coursemill) desirable.
- Previous management experience in a hospitality environment preferred.
- Possess or able to obtain a valid Arizona Driver’s License, and comply with the Xanterra South Rim Company Vehicle Policy.
Date posted: 01/04/2017
Location: The Grand Canyon, South Rim (AZ)
Contact: Becky Durling
Company Name: Xanterra Parks & Resorts (at the Grand Canyon, South Rim)
Legendary Hospitality With a Softer Footprint Xanterra Parks & Resorts® is an award-winning, globally diversified travel company offering once in a lifetime experiences in some of the most beautiful and iconic places on earth. Whether you’d like to journey to the bottom of the Grand Canyon on a mule, climb the majestic ruins of Machu Picchu or cycle through France’s lush countryside, Xanterra will bring your bucket list dream vacations to life. The name Xanterra is derived from “Xanadu,” a beautiful, idyllic paradise described in the poem Kubla Khan by Samuel Taylor Coleridge, and “terra,” the Latin word for earth. Thus, Xanterra means “Beautiful Places on Earth®” Xanterra Parks & Resorts acquired The Fred Harvey Company in 1968, and with the acquisition of TW Recreational Services in 1995, became the largest national and state park concessioner in the United States. In September 2008, Denver-based Anschutz Company purchased Xanterra, and pledged that the company would remain true to the legacy of hospitality established by Fred Harvey, and would continue to set the standard for ecologically sound resorts that complement, not harm their natural surroundings.