The Manager, Instructional Design joins a team responsible for the design and development of learning items for various disciplines, brands, and teams. This position requires creativity and flexibility as it will work with a variety of subject matter experts and develop for many different audiences. Knowledge of design and development methods in the hospitality or service industry is critical to the success of this position. This is a design / development position - there is no facilitation. The candidate must have exceptional writing skills and should have in-depth knowledge of multimedia development tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Articulate, Captivate). Full job description on the link below.
- BA/BS (or equivalent) in instructional design, business, hospitality, human resources, or related field required.
- 3 years of instructional design and development experience.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in applying adult learning theory and iterative instructional design methodologies (i.e., Successive Approximation Model (SAM).
- Experience in designing, developing, and implementing high impact learning solutions, using a variety of innovative approaches.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Program and project management skills.
- Development experience using Rapid Development tools, e.g., Articulate, Storyline, Captivate, Lectora, Adobe Creative Cloud Applications.
- Design and development experience for hospitality or service related organization.
- Project management certification.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems.
- Experience in development of multiple learning modalities, i.e., mobile, online
Date posted: 11/18/2016
Location: Remote / or HQ based (Bethesda, MD)
Contact: Mark Boccia, Ed.D
Phone: 301 380 5341
Company Name: Marriott International