Director of Training and Quality
Director of Training and Quality
The Director of Training and Quality is responsible for overseeing and managing training and quality initiatives and related programming in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Reports to Vice President/General Manager.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
As Director of Training and Quality, you would be responsible for overseeing and managing training initiatives and related programming in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Develop, plan, coordinate and implement training and quality programs in accordance with current standards including, but not limited to, harassment-free workplace, diversity, new team member orientation, departmental training, communication, leadership, service and train-the-trainer training.
- Plan and conduct meetings with department managers, trainers and team members to review performance trends, to develop action plans and to recognize achievement
- Review, analyze and assess hotel training and quality initiatives and programs and develop or research training solutions to make recommendations to address specific hotel needs
- Track, input, maintain and audit all individual team member training records utilizing designated systems and programs
- Coordinate Brand and Independent hotel Quality Inspections and initiatives to insure Brand compliance and complete management action plans for continuous improvement.
- Perform initial screening interviews with and assess qualifications of candidates in relation to open positions
- Oversee and monitor all departmental training, quality programs including, but not limited to alcohol awareness, food safety, job skills checklist, educational assistance, etc.
- Develop and distribute the annual training calendar, compile and distribute periodic reports and measurements related to training activity and return on investment
- Chair Voice of the Customer and Quality Committees
- Develops creative ways to inspire and motivate colleagues to provide guests with a unique experience
- Stays current on market trends and local changes that impact guest satisfaction when sharing training materials with colleagues. Chairs Quality & Continuous Improvement Team and upholds hotel quality and brand standards compliance process through training, creating awareness and auditing
- Conduct Service Excellence Training for Frontline Staff
- 3-5 years progressive training experience required in the hospitality industry or in a customer service driven company
- Ability to travel to hotels and resorts as needed
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Must possess superior organizational skills
- Works closely with Human Resources Department
- Coordinate, host and conduct meetings and presentations using PowerPoint and other Digital Media
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple projects efficiently and meet deadlines
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be available to work a varied schedule to include AM, PM, Weekends, Holidays and even occasional overnight shifts to permeate training and service culture to all segments of our business
- Willing to spend time, hands on, working with various departments to provide real-time coaching and feedback related to trainings implemented to achieve results that exceed expectations
- Makes sure that all appropriate training records are maintained (both manual and electronic) in compliance with hotel and legal requirements while taking consideration to support the hotel’s green policy.
- Attends departmental training sessions and critiques performance and outcomes
- Any additional projects assigned by direct supervisor
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Upscale hotel/resort experience including Marriott, Hilton, Starwood or IHG
- Working knowledge and experience in hotel operations (predominantly rooms division, food & beverage) to possess first-hand knowledge of how the hospitality business works and to expertly teach front line staff best practices and technical efficiencies above and beyond service culture and philosophies.
- College degree and human resources experience preferred
- Proven skills in leadership, project management, and people management
- Strong work ethic, loyal, trustworthy, team player
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of personality types
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
Date posted: 01/29/2017
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Contact: Heather Watson
Company Name: Fifield Partners Executive Search
Fifield Partners is an executive search firm exclusive to the hospitality industry. We assist clients finding upper level executive management for positions throughout the United States and internationally.