Director of Training & Development
Pacifica Hotels is searching for a Director of Training & Development to join the corporate team! They will be responsible for all company training programs on all levels of the organization. This includes identifying training needs, researching new programs, developing programs, implementing and conducting training, liaising with external resources and organizing and tracking career development activities for all hotel employees.
- Conduct a business assessment to identify and determine spectrum of training needs for all levels of employees. Assess current level of employees to determine priorities.
- Develop curriculum based on organizational training needs assessment. This includes but is not limited to training for all hotels and food and beverage operations in the following areas: Interviewing & hiring, orientation, guest service workshops, leadership meetings, sales certification training, property level training, safety and risk management, non-harassment, heart of the house, and customized programs to address needs as they arise.
- Provide ongoing train the trainer workshops for all levels of hotel management to assist with leadership development.
- Foster company culture through leading by example and educating the team on company core values and mission statement.
- Develop and implement annual training plan.
- Maintain and distribute hotel training materials and standard operating procedures online via SharePoint and HRIS.
- Assist with training for new team members during pre-opening and acquisition of new properties.
- Conduct on boarding orientation to all General Managers.
- Provide training support to General Managers, Hotel Department Heads, and Corporate Managers as needed.
- Develop learning management standards for all hotel positions and maintain records in HRIS.
- Keep up to date on current trends which pertain to employment law, training, and to hotel industry standards.
- Work with People Services on implementation and training on new policies and procedures.
- Assist People Services in oversight of HR Training Vendors and participate in vendor meetings.
- Work with People Services on identifying and addressing areas of opportunity in the following areas: culture and core values, hotel performance, leadership issues, and staff development.
- Work with People Services on implementation of annual compliance training.
- Work closely with brand partners and General Managers of brand properties to ensure compliance to all brand training standards. Assist General Managers with implementation of brand training programs to all team members.
- Communicate effectively with all Corporate Department Heads and provide support as needed in all areas training and development.
- Develop a reporting mechanism to build dashboard for learning programs and training feedback. Use data to drive changes in content and instruction style.
- Build measures by which to assess successful training implementation.
- Participate as an active committee member in company conferences and philanthropic initiatives
- Remain active in key training organizations/associations to stay current on industry trends, new technology and services, and maintain a presence as an industry leading hospitality management company.
***Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time***
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of five years or more of related experience.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong instructional design methodology
- Experience with Powerpoint and Excel
5 years: Minimum of 5 years in related role
Experience managing leading a team
Power Point Expert
Microsoft Office Advanced
Ability to Understand & Improve Relationships Expert
Interpersonal Communication (oral & written) Expert
Date posted: 03/06/2019
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
Start Date: 12/31/1969
Contact: Kelli Barmasse
Company Name: Pacifica Hotel Company
Pacifica Hotel Company, named one of the nation's top management companies by Hotel Business Magazine, was formed in January of 1993 to consolidate the hospitality operations of Invest West Financial Corporation, which has been involved in the acquisition, development, refurbishing and operating of quality hotel properties and other commercial real estate properties for almost 30 years. Today, Pacifica Hotels is the largest owner and operator of boutique hotels on the Pacific coast. Pacifica’s 34 independent and flag properties in key California coastal cities from San Diego to San Francisco, as well as Hawaii and Florida, feature outstanding locations, AAA 3-diamond ratings, upgraded amenities and high standards of guest service.
website: http://Pacifica Hotel Company