Director of People Services (Human Resources)
Pacifica Hotels is looking for a Director of People Services (Human Resources) to help lead our dynamic team! Under general supervision of the VP of People & Culture, the Director of People Services is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the company’s overall culture by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. This role oversees the People Services Department and supports the on-site people services managers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Administration of onboarding, termination, HRIS approvals and corrective action documentation.
- Establishes and maintains a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- In conjunction with the Training Manager, develops and conducts orientation and training programs to prepare team members for assignments that reinforce company culture.
- Maintains a compensation and total rewards plan by conducting periodic compensation surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; monitoring, scheduling, and approving individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of team member work results by training managers to coach and counsel team members.
- Maintains team member benefit programs and informs team members of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to the VP of People & Culture; directing the processing of benefit claims; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs; tracking and reporting to ensure compliance with Federal and State mandates.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and working with the Risk Management personnel in implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; guides the on-site management teams in conducting investigations and maintains records of these investigations.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Directs and manages Regional People Services Managers as well as the Corp. People Services team.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- In conjunction with the Risk Management personnel, manages all workers compensation claims including reporting, managing, and tracking all claims.
- Manages HRIS and trains on-site managers and supervisors on the utilization of the HRIS; recommends HRIS configuration improvements to the VP of People & Culture and participates in the implementation and roll out of those changes.
- Assists the VP of People & Culture in tracking, gathering, and reporting of Federal and State human resource reports, including the EEO-1, 5500s for benefit programs, etc.
- Manages the leave of absences with on-site personnel to ensure compliance with State and Federal guidelines, including tracking and engaging in the interactive process with the respective team member.
- Fosters and promotes company culture and vision through the relationships with on-site managers and supervisors as well as participation in company events as well as semi-annual visits to assigned properties and corporate departments.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the VP of People & Culture.
Strong understanding of the interviewing process, benefits administration, payroll and other HR functions
Experience with UltiPro is a plus
3+ years in a HR leadership position
Hospitality experience preferred
10 years: 10+ years of experience in the human resource field or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the human resource field.
Date posted: 03/06/2019
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
Start Date: 12/31/1969
Contact: Kelli Barmasse
Company Name: Pacifica Hotel Company
Pacifica Hotel Company, named one of the nation's top management companies by Hotel Business Magazine, was formed in January of 1993 to consolidate the hospitality operations of Invest West Financial Corporation, which has been involved in the acquisition, development, refurbishing and operating of quality hotel properties and other commercial real estate properties for almost 30 years. Today, Pacifica Hotels is the largest owner and operator of boutique hotels on the Pacific coast. Pacifica’s 34 independent and flag properties in key California coastal cities from San Diego to San Francisco, as well as Hawaii and Florida, feature outstanding locations, AAA 3-diamond ratings, upgraded amenities and high standards of guest service.
website: http://Pacifica Hotel Company