Director of New Restaurant Openings
Owns capacity and deployment management for the New Restaurant Openings function, including team building, scheduling, and communication, with direct input to company growth pace and sequence at a current rate of over 6 openings per month. Directs the strategy, design and execution of fulfillment and logistics coordination for company openings, including oversight of NRO coordinators, vendor relationships, process updates, cross-functional relationships and general custodial materials duties. Partners with internal and external leaders to continually refine and streamline processes with the goal of scaling for increased year over year growth in New Restaurant Openings. Develops standards and objectively measures and reports on performance. Manages and prioritizes improvement initiatives. Leads change management.
- Directs the NRO planning team to develop materials, processes, and best practices for deployment to drive successful and efficient openings
- Determines logistic support sequences and timing for field support and initiatives roll outs
- Forecasts demand and proactively sets strategies for availability and capacity to meet company needs
- Facilitates the process for identifying, recruiting and selecting Certified NRO Trainers, in concert with NRO Managers
- Ensures planned teams and schedules support business levels needed to meet goals
- Communicates changes in planning to key stakeholders and provides necessary transitioning tools
- Ensures that support and guidance materials are up to date, on time and accounted for at scheduled openings
- Provides daily oversight and analysis of the NRO Planning function to support the business
- Develops standard scorecard metrics for assigned duties
- Coordinates the gathering and evaluation of data used in the measurement and maintenance of scorecard standards
- Responsible for improving NRO scorecard measurements, such as proper and proactive communication, clean and smooth turnovers, tools and materials fulfillment and adherence to budget guidelines
- Serves as leadership member of the NRO team and works closely with Operations Leadership to ensure that all business needs are met
- Evaluates opportunities to further leverage technology to improve efficiency and efficacy for teams
- Develops financial justification for projects and initiatives. Monitors post implementation financial impact.
- Sets and communicates scheduled deployments of teams up to 60 days in advance
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met by a Crewmember to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to set strategy for long and short term planning across varying business needs
- Able to actively manage many short-range projects at once (10+ projects may be concurrently in planning stage)
- Aligns with Cane’s culture with a balance of Work Hard and and Have Fun
- Is self-driven and takes initiative
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to recognize problems and problem solve
- Able to set goals and convert plans into action
- Recognizes patterns in performance and strategizes solutions
- Exercises good judgment in decision making
- Is open to feedback and to self improvement
- Holds self accountable for high personal standards of conduct and professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience working with a multi-unit, service company. Restaurant or Retail preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience at the Manager or Director level developing and applying strategy and process, as well as managing staff, resources, projects, and change management.
- Ability to influence leaders.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills interacting with all levels of the company. Ability to provide clear and concise verbal and written communications, as well as prepare and present utilizing PowerPoint and data visualization tools.
- Time management, project management, and problem solving skills. Strong team leadership skills.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and report appropriate and meaningful performance metrics.
- Proven competence in managing multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated team building and networking skills.
- Ability to lead implementation and adoption of strategy and process improvement.
Date posted: 02/15/2017
Location: Plano, TX
Contact: Jessica Weinblatt
Apply Online: https://corporatecareers-raisingcanes.icims.com/jobs/1773/director-of-new-restaurant-openings/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=743&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300
Company Name: Raising Cane’s®
Raising Cane’s® is a rapidly growing restaurant concept specializing in quality chicken finger meals, great people, a great atmosphere and good times. Each one of our crewmembers and managers supports the company in What We Do—The Perfect Box, Fast, Friendly, Clean & Have Fun! Everyday our crews find a fulfilling work environment and opportunities for advancement.
Our concept is simple and unique… we only have ONE LOVE – quality chicken finger meals! At Raising Cane’s® you get an exceptionally high quality product served quickly and conveniently. We can do this because we offer a limited menu. The specialized systems developed by Raising Cane’s® allow us to maintain a level of quality unmatched in the industry. Our commitment to this concept will not allow us to compromise our quality, cut corners or clutter our menu with new products that do not fit our core menu offering.